Sunday, February 22, 2009

Saturday Feb 21st

2-21-2009

It started out cold but we managed to get a good showing for the 8:00 am run. Brenda and Gretta held up the walking group. Michael ( Bryan's friend and now ours) made a repeat appearance, Fritz (Friend of Jennie"s-sounds like Facebook), Tim Smith, and Mike O all did 3-9 miles. A bit cold going north but going south it was another wonderful day in the neighborhood.

The third tier (am) athletes, JoAnn and Beth showed up, followed by the coffee drinking HRG support group composed of Kevin and Marvin who assist and fill in for Rodney.
Dan Conway and son dropped by after the run to check in on our progress. Dan is one of the way early runners also known as O-Darkthirty HRG Runners (AM Tier 1). Lisa, Renee, Jim and some of the rest of the group fill in this 5-6 am slot. Some of us reserve this tier for the heat of summer.

JoAnn is training for an early marathon and running mid Saturday mornings and may want company for some of her long runs. If your interested let me know. ( to date I haven't seen her outside actually running)

Bryan will be at the coffee spot this next Saturday after running to help me/us figure out the best way to make use of this new blog. My hope is that we can have fun with the general dialog along with a list of topics such as health, diet, training etc. In addition to his bog knowledge I have asked him to get some pictures for our site. This should help identify some of the HRG runners.

Win a prize! So lets have some fun. Send email to Pjhadvice@aol.com
1. For those of you not there Saturday guess Mike ODays age?
2. First picture of JoAnn running outside this spring.
3. Even more rare a picture of Hadrian Moore running when there is snow...

See you at the lake.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like another nice morning. Neighborhood duties called as I attended a citywide gathering of neighborhood leaders. Believe me, running with HRG would have been a more enjoyable choice.

    See you next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Guys,
    I finally got around to signing up for this blog. It is a great idea. I am sick of this weather, I am looking forward to seeing pics of you all in your shorts rather than bundled up to hike Mt. Everest. I need some motivation, maybe I will do the Get In Gear half with Lisa Conway? See you Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi group!
    Brian - this is really neat, thanks for getting the blogspot off the ground. Now like Jennie, I need some motivation to get me running again - any ideas anyone? See you Saturday, at least for coffee...
    Beth

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.